PRE – OPERATIVE INSTRUCTIONS
‘As you prepare for Gynaecomastia surgery, we will guide and help you at every step to make your journey comfortable.’
We have well trained staff and experienced doctors to help you avoid unnecessary anxiety or stress of procedure.We are just a phone call away and don’t hesitate to call us for any concern.
- BLOOD THINNERS - Stop taking Blood Thinning medicines as Aspirin, Omega 3 or Heparin, Ibubruphen ,Vit.E, 7 days prior to surgery.
- SMOKING - Stop Smoking for 1 week before and 1 week after the surgery.
- RECENT ILLNESS – If you have recent cough, sore throat or running nose, please call our clinic for advice.
- Tell your doctors if you have any medical history of Diabetes, Hypertension, Asthma, Cough, Heart disease etc.
Complete Blood Counts- CBC | PTI/INR | Blood Sugar levels-Random/ Fasting | Viral markers – HIV, HbsAg,HCV | ECG and Chest X-ray (if age more than 30 years) | Other optional blood test as or if prescribed.
PRE ANAESTHETIC CHECK-UP – Our Anaesthetist will advice the type of anaesthesia suitable in your case.
- Eating- You need to be fasting for at least 6 hours before surgery. Don’t eat after midnight. Don’t drink tea or water in the morning.
- Brushing- You can brush teeth but do not drink water.
- Shower- Take shower and shampoo your hair the night before or in the morning of surgery. In shower, use betadine scrub to clean chest and axillary area.
- Deodorants- Do not use deodorant spray or lotions.
- Clothing- Wear loose and comfortable clothes on the day of surgery.
- Jewellery- Remove jewellery or any other costly belongings at home.
- Contact lenses- Remove contact lenses and wear glasses.
- Photo ID– Must bring the photo ID as Aadhaar card, Driving licence etc. for address and photo proof.
- Arrival- Kindly reach our clinic at scheduled time (usually 9:00 am).
- Call from Clinic – You will get a call from our clinic, a day prior to your surgery for timings, directions and instructions.
- Transportation- There should be one attendant accompanying you and to drive you back to home / hotel. If you don’t have any one available to accompany you, please call our clinic for other options.
- Payment- You need to pay the deposit at our clinic either by cash or by card payment, in the morning before the surgery.
- Schedule time off-work- The type of work you do will determine how much time you need to take off-work. Patients with sedentary or desk jobs may go back to work after 2-3 days. If you do a physical job with heavy lifting or strenuous activity, you may need to take 7 – 10 days off work.
Gynaecomastia Case 1
Gynaecomastia Case 4
Gynaecomastia Case 3
Gynaecomastia Case 7
Gynaecomastia Case 10
Gynaecomastia Case 11
Gynaecomastia Case 13
Gynaecomastia Case 16
Gynaecomastia Case 17
Gynaecomastia Case 5
Gynaecomastia Case 6
Gynaecomastia Case 8
Gynaecomastia Case 12
You will be prescribed an oral Antibiotic and Analgesic. It is mandatory to take this medicines in full doses, for 5 days:
Tab. Augmentin 625 mg, 3 times a day, for 5 days
Tab. Combiflam, 3 times a day, for 5 days
- Vitamin C 500 mg, once a day, start one week before surgery and continue for 2 weeks after the surgery. It prevents any illness and speeds up skin healing at incision sites.
- Multivitamin – once a day, 1 week before surgery and continue for 4 weeks after surgery.
- Arnica - Arnica in form of a pill or cream helps to decrease bruising (if any) and speeds up the healing process.
- Neosporin ointment - it is applied at incision sites to prevent infection, to be applied morning & evening, for 1 week
- Silicone Gel - It prevent hypertrophy of scars and fades away the scar gradually at incision sites. Start applying the gel at 4 weeks after surgery, twice a day, for 6 months.
BOOK AN APPOINTMENT
Call us or Whatsapp us at
+91 80548 02500 or +91 81466 66880
- You will be awake immediately after the surgery and will be resting in a recovery room.
- There may be some discomfort or soreness at the chest.
- You will be wearing a pressure garment.
- After rest for 4-6 hours, you can be discharged.
- On the same late evening, you are advised to take liquid or semi solid bland diet.
- From the next day onwards, you can do all the routine activities at home like watching TV, talking on mobile phone, internet surfing, walkaround to washroom kitchen etc.
- Prescription is given for oral Analgesics and Antibiotics Tab. Augmentin 625 mg, TDS, for 5 days and Tab. Combiflame, TDS, for 5 days
- There might be some fluid oozing from tiny incisions, at sides of chest, for first 24 hours. The absorbing pad is applied at your chest to absorb it.
- There can be some bruising (not in all cases), which will subside over few days.
- You are advised to wear a pressure garment at your chest for 3-4 weeks.
- The pain in recovery period is often labelled as Mild Grade by our clients and easily relieved by oral medication.
- You can take shower after 2 days.
- You can join your desk or office job after 2–3 days.
FOLLOW UP VISITS
There are 2 follow up visits required. First- at 2 days after surgery | Second- at 7 days after surgery.
Dr. Gawri encourages all his clients to be active from the first day only. It is not required to keep lying in bed, you can do all routine activities at home immediately.
You can go for:
A stroll or walk outside at 2-3 days | Brisk walk at 10 days | Jogging at 2-3 weeks | Weight training or Swimming can be resumed at 4-6 weeks. It is advised to wear pressure garment during jogging or exercise.
TAKE SHOWER / BATHING
You can take shower from 2nd day after surgery onwards, eg, if operated on Thursday, you can take shower on Sunday.
Remove pressure garment to shower. | Directly wet & apply soap over chest. | Do not rub but pat dry gently with a towel. | Apply Band-Aid at tiny incision sites. | Put the support garment back on.
Cleaning and washing the area daily will keep the incisions clean and promotes wound healing.
Start massage at chest as described by clinic staff at about 10 days.
The quality of results may be affected if you do not follow the instructions and follow up visits, as advised.